According to Garner et al 2017, participation in many full contact and collision sports, such as rugby league, carries with it a risk of concussion. In-game concussion diagnosis, however, remains a highly challenging task for the athletic trainer and sports medicine physician, Whilst we have fairly clear WHS duty of care, Responsibility, Codes of practice, Consultation and Safety management principles in place, players still suffer concussion. Worse still arguments of blame the victim versus blame the system ensues during adverse incidents. DISCUSS.
should include but not necessarily be limited to:
– Textbook, Promoting a Health and Safety Culture, Chapter 15 in fifth edition; Chapter 17 in sixth edition
– Windholz, E 2015, ’Professional sport, work health and safety law and reluctant regulators,’ Monash University, DOI:10.53300/001c.6413,
– Gardner et al, 2017, ’Evidence of Concussion Signs in National Rugby League Match Play: a Video Review and Validation Study, Sports Medicine – Open (2017) 3:29 DOI 10.1186/s40798-017-0097-9
– Reason, J. 2000, ’Human error: Models and management’, British Medical Journal, 320(7237): 768 – 770.
– Quinlan, M. 2020, ’Five challenges to humanity: Learning from pattern/repeat failures in past disasters?’ The Economic and Labour Relations Review, Vol. 3, no. 3, pp.444 – 466
– Hopkins, A. (2010) Mindful Leadership With References to BP Texas City. Produced by Richard Sharma.Fu turemedia, 2010. 26 mins http://search.alexanderstreet.com/view/work/2085832.
– Go to the Library’s Readings & Resources list in vUWS to access essay resources listed above. Additionally, some supporting materials with regard to ’black lung’ and silicosis are provided via vUWS >Assessment > Essay resources.
– i have attached a copy of chapter 15 below. please ensure to use all required reading
Essay Question: According to Garner et al 2017, participation in many full conta