Here are the instructions for the paper:
Prepare a paper that analyzes an operations management-related problem in an organization that is highly familiar. Operations management requires the use of financial and non-financial metrics, so it is important that there has been provided a university candidate’s analysis of the topics covered in the book, class, and referential material from the library.
Please use peer-reviewed references or those that come from a reliable source.
References to Wikipedia and other such sites are not acceptable or scholastic. It is legitimate to use and cite interviews with your supervisors and peers as a
reference; you must use at least five peer-reviewed articles and the book as research instruments for this paper. Proper citing is mandatory in APA format.
Operations management focuses on numbers and objectives that are measurable.
The paper requires research; you will be expected to integrate concepts from the course to understand the situation better and make recommendations for improvement on a process, project or program as described in class and the book.
Papers should demonstrate integration of the materials from the course related to the business chosen as the target topic of the paper. This paper will require an analysis of operations management issues in an organization that is familiar to the student.
1. Introduction and Clear Problem Statement: Describe the organization and what it does; prepare a brief problem statement of an operations management issue in a selected organization. Include a clear question you wish to answer through the process of writing the paper. (1 page) (40 Points)
2. As-Is Condition: Select one of the topics that you will discuss and describe the current condition, process, project, or root problem to solve. Use at least two (2) of the Quality Tools (Charts) to illustrate the current condition as it exists (Either Histogram, Flowchart, Checksheet, Run and Control Chart, Pareto Diagram, Cause-and-Effect Diagram, or Scatter Diagram). You can use PowerPoint, Excel or Word to facilitate the diagramming method to illustrate the as-is condition. Make sure you focus on the issue of your topic do not explain the tool you are using. The concepts in the list are pre-approved. You may request approval to use an alternate
concept. (2 pages (Not Including Chart)) (50 Points)
3. Analysis: List the inefficiencies of the current condition; illustrate the cause-and-effects to the business unit if changes are not made. List gap issues as they pertain to efficiencies in service or products as a result of the current business condition. Apply the analysis concepts in terms of measurable facts that can be used to prove the current condition and to measure success. (2-3 pages) (50 Points)
4. To-Be Condition – Proposed Improvement/Solution: Describe the changes that will improve the current business condition; use the quality tool selected in the Current Condition to illustrate changes that will improve the performance of the problem statement. State the benefits as a result of making the change in terms of customer, stakeholder satisfaction, efficiencies, or cost reductions. Use the facts presented in the analysis statements as indicators of improvement.
Keep in mind that they must be measurable (2 pages Not Including Chart) (60 Points)
5. Conclusion: Conclude the paper with a well written, and compelling recommendation to either proceed with the change or to abort the effort. (40 Points) (1 – 2 Pages)
6. References: APA Format and proper citations within the text of the paper. (10 points)
Make sure you have each section in your paper and follow APA guidelines for papers.
Remember to use at least five (5) peer-reviewed references for this paper. Note: Grey literature is acceptable and counts towards the (5) references. These are normally produced to qualify metrics from your organization.
Choose a concept from the following list and use that theme for your paper:
• Improved Product Life Cycle Analysis
• Cost Reduction Process Improvement
• Customer Satisfaction Process Improvement
• Supply Side Process Improvement
• Market Side Process Improvement
• Outsourcing Analysis of a Current Internal Capability
• Job Description Analysis to Appropriately Staff an Existing Process
The class book is OM (Operations and Supply Chain Managment) 6th edition by Collier and Evans. Feel free to choose whichever topic is easiest to research / write about for you, I only ask that you let me know once decided! Also, if anything additional is needed from me to complete this, please let me know as soon as possible!
Here are the instructions for the paper: Prepare a paper that analyzes an opera
Here are the instructions for the paper: